Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Swimming

Well, last night I had my second night of swim lessons. On the down side, I feel like a whale crammed into a fish stick every time I put on my suit. Not a wonderful feeling!

But I am enjoying them more this year. Maybe because each night I have them, I can *woohoo!* buy groceries, or maybe I am understanding my teaching methods better. Maybe because I am out of the house and not having to worry about my own kids. I don't know, but I am having fun with them.

Anyway, swimming lessons is something I am very passionate about. If a child knows how to swim, it can very well save their life one day. If you have a child who is afraid of water, please talk to me and I would be more than happy to give you some suggestions. Or if you want to start working on your child being able to swim without floaties, I can give some suggestions for that also.

And a shameless plug: if you happen to know anybody who is able to pay for swim lessons, please give them my information. They are private to semi-private lessons, so they have the private lessons price tag, but I will work with any degree of skills. I am actually beginning "lessons" with an 18mo old on Friday. I'll let you know how that goes.

Sorry to get all preachy on you, but I warned you I was passionate about it. So, I hope you are having a wonderful summer. I should probably go work on the whole whale/fish stick thing. I can't afford to buy a new suit!

No comments: