Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MOO! #2

OK, so I figured that I could update you on my MOO! status. And what better time than the height of the holiday season? I’m not sure why I have chosen to make you my emotional outlet of self- image issues. It’s easier when there’s nobody to look at. And I’m pretty sure we all have some sort of body issue, big or small. And if you don’t, well, I envy you.

Anyway, it has been... scary. I have been able to work out semi- regularly. I still feel as though I am taking up way too much space, but I did drop a few pounds. And now I am stuck. I am trying to fit in some exercise more often that before. I think it would be fun to join a gym and all that, but I can’t afford the time, sitter, or money to do so. And it is impossible to justify such expenditure when I have free access to a pool. And lap swimming is my exercise of choice. I read somewhere that swimming is 4 times the workout of running – So when I swim a half mile, it’s the physical equivalent of running 2 miles! That’s a boost in itself!

And just to clarify, I am not confused as to why I feel so large and “big- boned.” I know exactly where I need to improve to feel a little less like me. I am looking forward to continuing with the positive changes and making some new ones. Anyway, I’ll let you know how it all is going, since I’m sure you’ll be on the edge of your seat, anxiously awaiting to see how much space I really will give back to the general public.

Please feel free to share what you do, or want to do, to feel better about yourself. I’ll start. I try to work out a minimum of 3 times a week. Doesn’t always happen. I also try to eat better, and less of what I do eat. I am also trying to drink more water. I pretty much only have soda on special occasions, or when I really, really have a craving.

Well, until the time when I feel the need to tell more than you really care to know...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe it's the gingerbread houses.
It's really hard to get motivated to work out, especially this time of year! My personal workout choice is to jog around my neighborhood in the dark (seriously, does it have to get dark at 5pm?) and get chased by large German Shepherds.

Heidi Stone said...

Cristi, you crack me up.

I go to Cardinal. With two referrals, I now pay just $16 per month (previously $20) and am considering the $10/month unlimited childcare for my chill'ns. I typically go after Daniel and the kids go to bed (we could go together!) and sometimes meet up with Nicole. While I do like going in the evening so it doesn't interrupt our family life, I can also see definite benefits to going in the morning with the kids (like on those days when I'm about to go crazy!).

I typically workout about 3 times a week. I always do at least a mile of cardio (but I shoot for 2-3) on the treadmill and/or elliptical machines. Then I rotate weeks working on my legs and arms. I always work my abs because, let's face it, I have three kids.

The Hillebrands said...

You are an inspiration! And that's not a joke. I've been trying to get motivated lately but it's so hard this time of year (especially now that I don't have to watch my weight-like I did when I was pregnant). Although I don't have a swimming pool in my basement, I do have a treadmill, bicycle, exercise ball, and various weights that you are more than welcome to. They are collecting dust right now and need to be used--and it's free!

Lindsey said...

A couple of weeks ago, I rented "BUFF MOMS- Beyond Baby Body Workout" from the library. Today, Scott and I watched it for the first time. Maybe one of these days I'll actually get off of the couch and do the workout. I need to do something! It's a tough time of year.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I am doing NOTHING right now. I was a member of the Y and I did like it. Debbie and I would meet there. She liked doing step class I did not. I would rather do the machines. But it is expensive and the child care is somewhat like a day care and I didn't love leaving my children there. In the summer I walked a lot around my neighborhood. I have a really good workout video, but I am not doing it. I don't want to do anything, but I need to because I started this pregnancy 10 lbs. heavier than my other two. Also, I do NOT like getting up and getting out in the cold with my children to go to the gym. I think I will just try to not gain too much weight until spring then start walking again. Ha, we will see.