Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peace

I love spouting "hippie" type phrases at Zach. Some of the most quoted are as follows: "Make love, not war!" "Stop the violence, we all want to live!" "Go home plastic foam!" And my personal favorite - "Arms are for hugging." If you know us at all, you will appreciate that last phrase especially. Anyway, I don't see myself as a hippie, in the way you think of arm pit hair, bra burning, unshaven legs, and making your own granola. OK, I do make my own granola and it is quite good. I eat it almost every morning for breakfast.

So, in the same spirit, I have decided to toy with some other homemade items. And no, it's not of the plant, "medicinal" variety. I ran out of my scrubbing bubbles to clean the bathrooms. A pretty needy room as far as cleaning goes. I searched around online and found a few different homemade cleaners that I thought would be fun to try. I ended up with one consisting of rubbing alcohol, vinegar, dawn and boiling water. I really like it. It does a great job all over, even the mirror.

After this score for my team, I tried out a face scrub.

I love it! It's a secret recipe, though. Hee, hee. Just kidding, Heidi! It basically consists of honey, lemon juice, and sugar. It smells great and feels wonderful. It can be a bit harsh, but only if you grind it into your face...

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you what fun I am having with making things I never considered making before!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I think you are the master of sarcasm. Arms are for hugging! Oh. My. Word. I don't remember when I've laughed so hard. If only I could pull it off with as straight of a face as you. I think I'll leave it to the professionals.

Also, I totally need your granola recipe.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Okay, I have a homemade pledge on my blog and I have been using it and I really like it. I just saw a recipe for homemade deodorant and am considering it - then you could call me a hippie.
I love the Maura On . . . posts.