Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Out of the Clear Blue

So, on a whim, like many other things that pop into my little brain, I decided to apply for a writing job online. I didn't hear back after completing a fairly large application. Then this week I got an e-mail requesting a sample article. Figuring it would lead to nothing, I submitted the article. It wasn't anything great, but I did try to make it worth the woman's reading time. So, I get another e-mail last night saying they'd like to work with me and to have as part of their team!

I am going to try to do it. I am kind of nervous since I have no experience with this sort of thing, but I think it will be fun. I have to double check (since I didn't pay too closely to which position I applied!), but I believe that I am the writer for the Family/ Parenting section on Examiner.com. It is supposed to have a local angle, and that is where I get a little nervous, but we'll see what happens.

Right now I am praying that this is something I should be persuing, and that I will come up with good ideas. Of course, since it is online, I am also praying that this isn't a sham. Everything I have seen, it is not, but you never can quite tell sometimes.

Anyway, if for some bizarre reason you would like to read the things I write, I will keep you posted as to where you can find me, hopefully with a link from my blog. If you have more than your fill just thinking about reading my blog, I understand!

2 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

WHAT??? Cool!You wil be great...I just hope all those sensitve mothering types do not get too offended at your sarcasim.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I want to read whatever you write. Will there be talk of guns and making your own kaluha?