Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Be the Yarn

So, I have been enjoying writing for my little webpage. I am still a little stumped on the whole "promoting" yourself thing, but I'm doing OK. The only thing I don't like about it, is it's supposed to be a straightforward article, with no "bloggyness." Oh well, I guess that's why I have a blog!

Lately I have felt like a ball of yarn. No. A wad of yarn. Usually I feel like a ball of yarn, all neatly wrapped up, with a clear method of using, a nice bundle. I, however, am feeling like the wad. All jumbled with knots and unsure of really how to go about getting back into the nice round, functional form.

I know that when I think about how I am feeling, I have no real excuse or reason to feel scared, tired, irritable, confused, and lashing out at my children, husband, or the woman in the car in front of me who does not know that despite we are at a red light, if there is no traffic coming, she can fact TURN RIGHT!!!

I know there is no excuse for that. But I feel it. I have never been one to say my Aunt Flow is on town, I'm tired, I'm hungry... so that's why I am acting like a 3 year old. We have a conscious decision to make with every action or reaction, with only ourselves to blame if we choose the wrong one. ("good pep talk, cristi!" "thanks.")
So, my apologies if I have forgotten that I was supposed to write, call, send a wire, etc. Or if I have thrown a fit at your feet!

2 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

I'll take you fits and all...mostly becasue you let me have mine, and in good turn, you should have yours. Times up...pass the yarn to the next person...

Elizabeth said...

I didn't know you could turn right.