Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Pride

I just wanted to take advantage of talking about my kids.

As a mother, I find myself trying to censor my child talk, especially when talking to those who do not have children. I am sure that I still talk about them a TON, but I wanted to brag a little today.

Tristin is 2 and a half. The boy will sit and do puzzles. Jigsaw puzzles. If I get him a new one, he dumps out the pieces and will try each on until it fits, going until it is complete. He will then do them over and over & study them. I am having to fight myself when shopping because I want to go buy up all the puzzles I can.

Maura does puzzles also. She started them and Tristin just kind of fell in line. While I love that she will concentrate on a puzzle as long as he does (but a bit more complicated one), I am proud of another accomplishment.

She has started sounding out words & spelling them... She may be a bit behind some brainy kids out there, but I haven't worked with her a whole lot, and it was just something she started doing all on her own. I can't do it justice here - you have to hear her do it.

Anyway, that's all. I mean, for now. There are a lot of things that my kids do that make me proud. I'll let you know some more soon. Until then, I'll leave you with Maura's proclamation from yesterday: (in a big booming voice)"And God said, 'Let the people have brains!'"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You do have great kids, and very inquisitive!