Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Awkward, pt. 2

So we discussed Maura's baby question. Her next one was, "How does the baby get out of the mommy?"

Thankfully, I was ready for this one, and I do believe it is both an advantage and disadvantage.

Since Maura has a flair for the dramatic (this coming from aunts, grandmothers, and other influential people either by genetics or time spent together), I decided to answer her dramatically.

I told her that when she was born, the doctor had to take a very sharp knife, and cut open my tummy, gesturing to my lower abdomen, and cut her out! This was all said with much theatricality, and emphasis on the right words.

Her eyes were big and and she sat there. Then in what can only be described as a valley girl accent, she asked, "When the doctor cut me out, did I have blood on my arms, and on my legs, and in my hair?"

I told her yes, and she even had some in her lungs!

Oh the horror! She was so wrapped up in this and was again, completely satisfied with it.

No comments: