Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

health concern?

The latest concern and almost constant topic around our house has been bags. Circles under the eyes. More specifically, Maura's eyes. She will be more than happy to tell you about your bags, but she is mostly concerned with hers. 

I am not completely sure where this came from. I have tried explaining that she IS SEVEN! And does not need to worry about this- it is how her skin is under her eyes. 

I have tried using it to my advantage. I have told her that to reduce them she needs to drink a lot of water and get MORE SLEEP. 

She has a sleep mask that she insists will help the bags. 

Finally I just gave in. I am ignoring most comments about her face (beauty is vain....). I did have one bad mommy moment. 

We were in the car and she got upset about something. She crossed her arms and scowled her face. I told her to improve her attitude and fix her face. She did not. 

I asked if she wanted wrinkles to go along with her bags. 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

This had me laughing!

Alice said...

I had/have had bags my whole life and people used to ask me all the time if I was tired. UGH!