Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

mamma said they was my magic shoes

Here are my running shoes. I only use them for running. They are nice. 

I also purchased (thanks to a sale & coupon) one of those stay-dry shirts.  I discovered a teeny tiny pocket in the side. It so being used for chap stick. 


I went for my longest run on Saturday with my dad. I didn't realize how warm it was going to be, so I had to borrow a pair of mom's shorts. 

Now, some of you may have nice, slender, skinny legs. I do not posses corn dog stick legs, so when I walk, my thighs rub together. 

When this happens and I am wearing shorts that fit just so, they ride up in the middle, you know what I am talking about - they start creeping up and you just can't help it!

So, during this run I tried to prevent this, but it is just unavoidable with thighs that cannot avoid one another!

So I tried a couple of times to reach down and adjust as needed. However, given my level of coordination, this was a bit dangerous.  So I had to resort to that funky half-kick duck walk thing to help the fabric loosen up and return to where it should be. 

Apparently after 8+ miles of this, it wears on your knee. I am currently in a brace & heating as much as possible in hopes of being able to run on Saturday!


3 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh, no! Hoping you get to run Saturday!

Anna said...

Praying for a quick recovery! "Stupid" running (which is what hubby calls it) is ALWAYS what gets him injured. Anyway, if you can get your hands on some BioFreeze that is another awesome remedy! Good luck!

Anna said...

Also, this is why I ride a bike! Hahaha! But very cute shoes!