Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Good Company

Elizabeth, you are in good company... Nothing is easy... Well, I guess that's an over statement, but you get my point. Let me back up a bit:

This week has been TERRIBLE as far as Zach's hours, and neither of us getting much sleep. My washer has been broken for over a week, and both of the children had/ have diarrhea. I have had to dip into clothes the next size up, and I'm not sure I have any more pants for Maura to wear. I know I have no more onesies for Tristin, or long- sleeved shirts.

My kitchen sink smells bad... like the gas after broccoli... follow?

Zach came home today and needed desperately to sleep for a few hours. I desperately needed to get to the store, and didn't want to take the little ones. The washer part FINALLY came.

Zach fixed the washer. Hallelujah! A short victory...
I almost broke down into tears when I realized I would have to take both of the little people with me. I am so tired. I decided to throw in a load of much overdue laundry before I left. I called in back- up (my mom) to see if I could get some help with shopping. No go. I'm crying of relief when my mom offers to go with me in the morning.

I'm going to be OK. Zach is ready to head back for a nap, and I only have a few hours till bedtime - for the kids. I hear Zach shout from the kitchen...

There is... wait for it... water ALL OVER THE KITCHEN FLOOR! So much so, that his brother has to bring over a shop vac to clean it up! Zach had forgotten to re-attach the water to the washer, so when I started the load... get it?

So, 5pm and I'm wading through my kitchen trying to get some sort of dinner together for the kids.

I suppose I could have killed two birds with one stone & just wiped up all the water with the mounds of dirty clothes...

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Uh, yeah. I'll stick with my lost spreadsheet. I have a twitch after reading your story.

Laura said...

oh god cristi. i wish i were closer so i could come help!!

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry...

Cristi Jo said...

I really don't tell you these things to get sympathy or pity... I just want you all to stay informed. In case one day, I just go MIA. You'll know where to look. In the Loony Bin. In the padded room. In the straight jacket. Talking to my elbows.

Heidi Stone said...

oh, cristi....i'm so happy to know i'm not the only one who has bad days. :)

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Truly horrible! Um, you can bring your laundry and do it over here. Also, just to make you feel a little better - Makenna ate poop yesterday and it wasn't her own poop (it was Lexi Williams). I wanted to puke.
If your kids weren't sick you can drop them off here while you go to the grocery and get some laundry done and we can make protein bars because I think you are in need of some energy.