Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So I have been neglectful of this little blog. Sorry for those who care.

I had about a week long migraine a couple of weeks ago, and that was awful. I think it lasted so long because it was mostly stress induced.

I visited the doctor for the migraines last week and he said that if what I am doing is working to get rid of them, them I should be fine (since I was worried about the amount of meds I'd sometimes need to take)

He did say to stay on a regular schedule.... so I am trying to do that. I have tried in the past, but this extra suggestion of it was what I needed. I am currently on week two of the new schedule, and so far it is going well. I am also keeping track of what I eat, and when I eat it. That is hard.... plus it's not that easy to have little sugary snacks. It's a good thing, but difficult.

He also said that given my family & pregnancy history, I should have a blood sugar test annually. This I am not excited about. I am scared to death that I will come up with diabetes and I don't really know what to think about that. I am going to try to get it done today, and hopefully will know the results by the end of the week.

The kids have colds, Tristin's came with a fever, and the voting polls didn't open till after 7:30 this morning, so I am trying to figure out how to work my day.

I hope you all (whoever you are) have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sorry about your headaches. That is terrible. I know how "out of commission" I get with my cluster headaches; I can only imagine what it must be like for you with homeschooling and all. At least you know your triggers. I will pray for you to work through what you need to stay pain free! Love ya!