Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

cashing in


Last year for our anniversary, Zach gave me an envelope with several little coupons I could cash in on (almost) whenever I wanted. I made good use of this gift the weekend before Thanksgiving. 

*i told you i was waaay behind in posting!*

I was able to book a hotel room for two nights, at an awesome rate. I went alone. It was so nice.  So calm. So quiet. I had my kindle and knitting. I had a little bit of spending money. I enjoyed every last minute. 

Saturday I went to a yarn shop and oogled over wonderful yarn. I could have gone waaaay into debt if I had no self-control. 

After the first yarn shop, I headed to another! I was looking for something very specific and was hoping this place had it - the Trading Post for Fiber Arts. It was way out on country roads, and I wasn't quite sure where I was going until I saw the tiny sign. 

I drove up the long gravel driveway and parked. No people. Alpacas. No people. So I got out of my car and went up the door of the shop, which was located in a barn near the house. 

When I started walking to the barn/shop, I saw 2 of these walking towards me from the house:

(great pyrenees)
They were about 100/125lbs each. Now, I love big dogs, but I didn't know them, and there were NO PEOPLE!!!

There was a puppy with them, so they were family dogs. Made me feel a little better. 

One came up and demanded attention by leaning on me. Once I braced myself, I obliged. He was very drool-y, but sweet. 

Here was my view:


It was a very nice place. At one point there was a horse running down the road... I found out that he had gotten out. 

Anyway, after that I had lunch with a good friend that I don't get to see often and that was so much fun. 

I completely enjoyed my time and am hoping I can do it again. 

And again. 

And again....




No comments: