Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

tracking - OR - who is this??!?!!

Shocked at how many posts I have been putting up? Me, too!

(i love the scheduling feature!)

As per my diabetes scare, and the semi-frequent migraines, I have decided to start tracking my food. Again. 

I have done this before, then get bored with it and stop. Generally I love tracking (I know that is weird, but consider the source), so I don't know why I give up. 

So along with just trying to be accountable for what I put into my body, I am trying to find out if there are any triggers for the migraines. 

So far I got nothing. 

I do know that if I have my hair in a ponytail for too long, it causes one. Lots of hot-to-cold temperature changes (like in the summer) causes them. I also know that they are NOT cycle related. 

It may just be that in this fallen world, it is something my body does. I am thankful that my children are old enough to understand and behave when I say I have a migraine and need a nap. 

Sleep almost always does the trick. Do you have any headache/migraine tricks? I have tried tons of different things and am willing to try more. Let me know and I will let you know if it worked!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I used to get them all the time until I started taking magnesium supplements. Now I may get one twice a year.

Anna said...

My migraines are completely related to my sleep cycle/amount of sleep I receive. When my sleep count goes down, the migraines go up! Doc said it was related to serotonin production that takes place during sleep. Yippee. Imitrex works wonders for when the migraine hits. I tried magnesium but never fixed the serotonin issue. As a preemptive measure, 5HTP is the natural supplement you can get to help boost serotonin. That has been a HUGE help! Especially with all the lack of sleep going on!