Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Finding God in Everything, pt. 5

So it's been a while since I've done one of these, so I thought I'd give it a whorl to see if I still had my touch. Although, we are living in His creation (albeit a fallen one), and He is omnipresent, you can find God almost anywhere.

I will admit, this was a good one, Gretchen. I was kind of stumped, and I still don't think that I have expressed clearly in words how I have it explained in my mind. You'll see what I mean.



"So I Married an Axe Murder." This movie is entertaining in a, "I really don't have to pay much attention to it but still know what's going on" sort of way. Not bad, but not one I want to own. If for some reason you have not seen this and are planning to, I have completely given away the ending.

Anyway, Charlie meets a girl, Harriet, and they begin to date, fall in love, etc. He then sees a story in some paper and starts to believe she is this "black widow" who gets married, and then kills her husband on their honeymoon.

He has dated (tried) several different women (religions) in the past, and always found something wrong with them, reasons to break up. Now with Harriet, he has no reasons, and realizes that she is The One. Then he sees the news article, and makes connections between the Black Widow and Harriet. Even though she tell him she loves him, and she does things he may not understand, he disbelieves what he knows, and begins to doubt her.

Come to find out that on the night of their wedding, her way too clingy friend, Rose, is actually the one who has been offing her husbands, claiming they aren't good enough for Harriet.

Charlie knew Harriet was the right choice, just like when we make the right choice and give out lives to Christ, satan will come in whompin and hollerin and trying to basically kill us. Spiritually, emotionally, literally. Satan is already trying to get his way, and when we, as Christians, can be neutralized, he has won. He knows that Christ is Lord, and he knows the truth. He wants us to not.

Charlie and Harriet were married and committed to each other and even the crazy roommate couldn't stop it.

Previous *Finding God* posts:

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

Knowing

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 2

Labyrinth

No comments: